This AIC A26/20 is promulgated for information, guidance and necessary action.
Following the outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19) and the declaration of a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by World Health Organization (WHO), the Government of the Republic of Uganda has given directives including Ministry of Health escalating precautionary measures at all points of entry into Uganda.
The following procedures shall therefore apply:
- All international passenger flights to and from Uganda aerodromes are suspended until 22 May 2020;
- Foreign nationals who may require to be evacuated from Uganda to their home countries may be flown out provided that they are cleared by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Works and Transport, and theevacuating flight has no disembarking passengers;
- Air traffic services and aerodrome services will be provided to the following operations;
- a) Scheduled and non-scheduled cargo flights;
- b) Aircraft in a state of emergency;
- c) Operations related to humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights;
- d) Overflights;
- e) Alternate aerodromes identified in the flight plan (including those being used for extended diversion time operations(EDTOs));
- f) Technical landings where passengers do not disembark;
- g) Othersafety-relatedoperations.
- For aircraft certified for carriage of passengers that are authorized by the State of Registry/Operator to carry cargo in the passenger compartment, the Operator is required to provide a copy of the authorization;
- Air transportation of human remains into the country is suspended;
- After disembarking of passengers and crew, the aircraft shall be sprayed for COVID-19 in accordance with the Operator’sarrangement with the approval of Ministry of Health; a) Disembarking passengers shall;
- upon arrival be subjected to temperature and physical screening and testing. Samples will be taken to check for COVID-19 and the results will be communicated as per Ministry of Health (MoH)/ World Health Organisation (WHO) protocol;
- undergo mandatory quarantine at a government designated facility at their own expense under surveillance by health authorities;
- dispose of their masks and/or gloves used during travel in designated waste collection containers.
b) Disembarking crew shall;
i. upon arrival be subjected to temperature and physical screening and testing. Samples will be taken to check for COVID-19 and the results will be communicated as per Ministry of Health (MoH)/ World Health Organisation (WHO) protocol;
ii. undergomandatoryquarantineatProteaHotelEntebbeandLakeVictoriaHotelEntebbefortheirrestperiod; iii. dispose of their masks and/or gloves used during travel in designated waste collection containers.
- Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Aircraft Permits Office will operate as follows:
a) Day time – 8 hours (from 08:30 am to 04:30pm);
AIC A25/20 is hereby replaced. By direction of:
PROF. DAVID M. KAKUBA, FCIS, CGP, PH.D DIRECTOR GENERAL
UGANDA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
Additional details can be extracted here; AIC_06_05_2020_26_20