PROCUREMENT REF: CAA/CONS/18-19/00024
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a Government Statutory Entity responsible for the promotion of the safe, secure and efficient development of Civil Aviation inside and outside Uganda.
1. Summary of Scope
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority seeks to procure the services of a competent consultant for its Employee Wellness Program. The Employee Wellness Program is a voluntary program of formal and informal activities designed to improve the health and well-being of all employees and reduce or eliminate personal problems affecting workforce health and productivity. UCAA is therefore seeking to engage the services of a qualified Wellness practitioner to implement the Employee Wellness Program.
The UCAA Employee Wellness Program will strive to increase the well-being and productivity of all employees, through enhancement of all aspects of health.
1.2 Scope of the Services
1. Weekly exercise routines (Twice) Running, Zumba/Aerobics/Sukuma exercises,
2. Nutritional support,
3. Professional instructors’ engagement,
4. Weight Loss challenges,
5. Wellness Adventures
6. Fitness consultancy
· The lead consultant should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Healthcare Administration, Health promotion, Nutrition, Sports Science, Business Administration or any health related field.
· Possession of a fitness instructors’ certificate and certificate in nutrition and hydration will be an added advantage.
1.4 Knowledge and skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail and proven ability to manage set timelines
- Ability to foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Proven ability to function in a heavily matrixed environment
- Possess knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to present in group setting
- Ability to effectively communicate with workers, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
· The consultant shall be a recognized wellness practitioner with a minimum of 4 years’ experience providing wellness consultancy services.
· The consultant shall have provided a minimum of 5 previous consultancies to large organisations of good repute.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications, experience, skills & knowledge to perform the services supported with relevant documentation and CV’s.
The short listing criteria/evaluation criteria/documentation required shall include;
a. A signed application to be shortlisted for Expression of Interest for an Individual Consultant for UCAA Employee Wellness Program REF: CAA/CONS/18-19/00024 (Indicate if you will be expressing interest as in association or as an individual where applicable)
b. Preliminary examination to determine eligibility of the consultant shall include examination of the documents which shall be submitted to UCAA to support the consultant’s eligibility for the services preferably a signed detailed CV
c. Profile of the Consultant
d. Experience of the Consultant
e. Availability of qualifications
f. A signed statement indicating that the Consultant does not have conflict of interest in the subject of the procurement, is not insolvent and has not been suspended by the PPDA on the firm’s/consultant’s letterhead
g. Any other information to support the bidder’s qualification/experience for the assignment
· Consultants may associate with other consultants, but indicate who the lead consultant will be.
· Consultants in association are required to each provide details as required in the bid and also indicate their experience, skills & Qualifications
Non Ugandan bidders must associate with Ugandans in line with PPDA guideline number 1/2017
(Promotion of local content in Public Procurement)
2. Bid Submission
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below in a sealed envelope or packaging clearly marked “Expression of Interest for an Individual consult for UCAA Employee Wellness Program” not later than Monday,30th September 2019 at 12:00 Pm. Late submissions shall not be allowed.
ALL THE DETAILS REQUIRED FROM THE INTERESTED CONSULTANTS IS DETAILED IN THIS NOTICE AND NO BID DOCUMENT SHALL BE ISSUED BY UCAA FOR THIS SERVICE AT THIS STAGE. APPLICATION FOR THIS BID IS FREE OF CHARGE.
Address of UCAA
Room 204, 2nd Floor UCAA Head Office
Airport Road, Entebbe
P.O. BOX 5536 Kampala, TEL:0312352053/4
3. Procurement Schedule
The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
|a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest||Thursday, 12th September 2019|
|b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest||Monday, 30th September 2019 at 12:00 Pm Local time.|
|c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest||Within 10 working days from closing date|
|d. Display of shortlist||Within 5 working days from approval of shortlist by the Contracts Committee|
|e. Bid Submission Address||As indicated above|