The Government of the Republic of Uganda has issued the following directives effective November 5, 2021, until further notice on COVID-19 health measures at Entebbe International Airport.
- All arriving passengers at Entebbe International Airport will regardless of country of origin or vaccination status undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing.
- For convenience all arriving passengers at Entebbe International Airport will have their samples for COVID-19 taken and allowed to proceed to their homes or to their hotels for self-isolation until they receive their results.
- The test results will be sent to their phones/emails.
- The only exemptions are;
i) Children below 6 years.
ii) Airline crew with evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Passengers who test positive will be followed up by Ministry of Health Surveillance team.
- The treatment for passengers in (5) above will follow the Ministry of Health COVID-19 treatment guidelines.
- In case of a passenger who is detected on arrival with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 infection, he/she will be isolated and taken to the Government treatment center.
- For smooth facilitation at Entebbe International Airport, all in bound passengers are mandatorily required to;
i) fill in online Health Surveillance form https://arrivals.healthdesk.go.ug 24 hours before arrival.
ii) pay USD 30 online https://covidpay.postbank.co.ug 24 hours before arrival.
- All arriving passengers are required to present to Airport Port Health COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate for a test taken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection.
- All departing passengers are required to present to Airport Port health COVID-19 negative PCR certificate for a test taken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection to boarding. They will abide by the health travel requirements of their destination country.
- Passengers arriving in the curfew time, and/or from districts beyond Kampala with a valid Air Ticket and Boarding Pass shall be allowed to proceed to their hotels and/or residences.
- Passengers departing in the curfew time, and/or from districts beyond Kampala with a valid air ticket shall be allowed to proceed to their destination airport by presentation of the passenger ticket to the authorities as evidence of going to the airport.
- Drivers should have evidence that they have come from the Airport (such as Airport parking ticket or passenger ticket) to drop or pick-up passengers.
- Air transportation of human remains into the country is allowed if the following conditions are fulfilled:
i. Medical Certificate of Cause of death;
ii. Post-mortem report or Comprehensive Medical Report from the attending doctor/health facility;
iii. Embalming certificate (including embalming certificate for death due to COVID-19);
iv. Copy of passport/identification document of the deceased (The original passport /travel document/identification document to be presented to immigration authorities);
v. Import license/import authorization from the Director General of Health Services;
vi. Appropriate packaging – wrapped in a waterproof body bag then placed in a zinc lined coffin and an outer metal or wooden box;
vii. The document will be verified by port health and the casket on arrival shall be decontaminated by port health;
viii. the burial of bodies of COVID-19 victims will be conducted following the existing procedures for scientific burials.
- To bring human remains in the country clearance MUST be obtained from Ministries of Health and Foreign Affairs.
(AIP SUP 22/21 is hereby superseded)
- For Print Version: Download PDF
- For Print Version: Download PDF